Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tough Decisions

I attended Catalyst Oneday at North Point Community Church this past Thursday and learned a HUGE lesson. I learned that as leaders we are faced with the undaunting task of making hard and tough decisions all the time. To quote George H.W. Bush "The buck stops here!" What this means is that responsiblity ultimately comes back to those in charge. It doesn't mean that the leaders turn into "dictators" or "czars" by any means. It just means that when something goes wrong it usually points back to the person in charge. When things go right it also points back to those in charge. This may seem like a very "duh, I can't believe you didn't know that already" lesson but I think it applies hugely to a worship aspect too. While Andy Stanley was speaking about this I kept thinking to myself that not only am I responsible for leading myself to a place of worship but also I play a big part in those that are on stage leading worship with me and leading them to a place of worship that day also. Talk about PRESSURE!!!!!!!! But then I realized that it's not me but it's just like playing in front of people. We as leaders don't lead people to a place of worship but rather God leads thru us and leads people to a place of worship. To put it plainly, the next time you are feeling pressure about not getting your congregation to a place of worship, I challenge you to take a step back and pray that you would just get out of the way and let God work thru you.

No comments:

Post a Comment